I Absolutely Loved My Experience
This Week's Student Spotlight is Hannah Johnson!
Major: Art Education
Class year: Senior
Hometown: Lancaster, KY
1. Describe your Education Abroad program(s):
EKU custom Italy program.
2. Is this a good program for other students in your major?
This program would be perfect for other Art Education students!
3. Was this your first time abroad?
Yes it was.
4. How do you feel that you benefitted from studying abroad?
Aside from gaining confidence to travel outside the United States, the classes I took were very educational! I learned so much about the culture of Florence, history, and what is happening today!
5. How do you think this experience will impact your future plans?
I definitely plan to return to Florence, and travel other places as well! The skills I learned in Photography have helped me become a better photographer and I plan to keep working with that.
6. How did the experience differ from your expectations?
I actually did not have any expectations of Florence, or the program. I wanted to keep an open mind of my experiences.
7. What other countries have you traveled to?
Italy and Spain
8. Favorite thing about studying abroad?
The people, food, and the classes. Everything about the trip was absolutely amazing!
9. Suggestions for future students?
Just go! Find any way in the world to make studying abroad happen! It's one of the best things I've ever done! Do research the area you're traveling to in order to be prepared weather wise, and dealing with insects!
10. Anything you'd like to add?
Absolutely loved my experience! Thank you EKU study abroad!!!
Published on August 30, 2017