Food, Fashion and Family!
Lyndsey is a Consumer Science Education Major who studied aboard in Florence, Italy!
1) Describe your Education Abroad program(s): Italy Winter 2016:Food Fashion and Family in Italy.
2) Is this a good program for other students in your major? Yes! This program is perfect for all FCS majors wanting to study abroad it is tailored to our major and such a perfect place to visit!
3) Was this your first time abroad? Yes
4) How do you feel that you benefitted from studying abroad? I was able to step outside of my comfort zone and do something I never thought was possible. I flew for the first time ever, traveled farther than a vacation to the beach, and got to experience another culture and live like an Italian for three whole weeks.
5) How do you think this experience will impact your future plans? After getting to study abroad I believe I will be more likely to travel abroad later in life and will get to use so many things I learned there in my classroom one day.
6) What other countries have you traveled to? None
7) Favorite thing about studying abroad? Getting to have a blast while learning in another country and receiving college credit for having fun, making friends, and traveling!
8) Suggestions for future students? If anyone is even considering study abroad, ask questions, do your research and go to the informational meetings and find the perfect trip of you! Once you find the trip fit for you, you won't regret it!
9) Anything you’d like to add? When I first decided I had to go on this trip, my friends and family did not believe that I would actually go. I am a homebody and never venture far outside my comfort zone if at all. This trip helped me prove not only to those people but also to myself, that I CAN do things I'm not comfortable with and be successful and have fun while doing it.
Published on March 01, 2016