A Dream Come True
Major: Finance, French
Class year: Senior
1. Describe your Education Abroad program(s):
When people ask me how my time abroad was, I always say "It was a dream come true." Studying abroad was definitely the best and most rewarding decision I have ever made!
2. Is this a good program for other students in your major?
I would highly recommend studying abroad to all majors... the value you receive from experiences abroad is immeasurable.
3. Was this your first time abroad?
No, my first time abroad was with a mission trip to Nicaragua. My second experience abroad was with EKU CBT trip to China, then my semester abroad in France.
4. How do you feel that you benefited from studying abroad?
I got to be submersed in a culture incredibly different than our own, I was pushed out of my comfort zone, learned to adapt to new situations, and challenged to communicate in a second language. Knowing no one abroad, I was left entirely to my own devices and learned how to navigate a foreign environment and make new friends from diverse backgrounds.
5. How do you think this experience will impact your future plans?
I believe my time abroad will make me more competitive in the job market. Most of all this opportunity exposed my to several countries and cultures I could see myself thrive in.
6. How did the experience differ from your expectations?
I expected to be paralyzed with homesickness, but was never homesick- once you get there, everything is so new and exciting you want to take it all in.
7. What other countries have you traveled to?
Nicaragua, China, Italy, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Ireland, England, Canada
8. Favorite thing about studying abroad?
Experiencing new things, and the challenges that come along with it
9. Suggestions for future students?
Go into the experience completely open minded, wonderful things await you!
10. Anything you'd like to add?
STUDY ABROAD, JUST DO IT!
Published on December 09, 2016