Financing Study Abroad
Financing Education Abroad
EKU encourages everyone to complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) even if they do not receive aid on campus. Study Abroad students should complete a FAFSA as early as possible each year. The earliest it can be submitted is January 1st.
While the FASFA is not required for Scholarship eligibility, it could aid in identifying other sources of financial support for Study Abroad students.
Students who qualify for financial aid on campus should call the Financial Aid Office (859) 622-8272 to discuss financial aid options.
- Millennium/Becknell Scholarship: $500-$1,000
- Kentucky Institute for International Studies: $500.00-$750
- Cooperative Center for Study Abroad: $250-$500
- Kennamer Scholarships: For students majoring in programs in Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Patterson Scholarships: For students majoring in Business fields - $1,500+
- Phi Kappa Phi: various amounts
- Bonnie Plummer Scholarship: Various amounts for those students majoring in English.
- Sigma Tau Delta Scholarship: $3,000 Study abroad scholarship for English majors
- Visit GO! Overseas for various scholarships to study abroad for up to $1,000
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarships: $1,000+
Students are also encouraged to speak with their departments for additional scholarships.